Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hey Chris, I totally understand what you and Diane are doing as far as writing that stuff down and seeing where you can make changes with your finances. Terry and I did that in preparation for buying our home....scary isn't the word for what our finances looked like! I use a notebook and have for years to track what bills need to get paid and on what payday. This really helps me know what money will be available for things like groceries, etc. For example, this week I only have two bills going out on Friday (tomorrow) so I'll be more able to get some groceries and fill up the Escape with gas. Next Friday is when Terry and I both get paid (he gets paid weekly) and there are a lot more bills scheduled to go out due to the amount of funds that will be available. Send me that excel spreadsheet that you mentioned, I'm interested in taking a look and seeing if it's "Jackie friendly".

No comments: